Engineering Permits

Soil Permits

A soil permit is required for any soil movement over 100 cubic yards. For soil movements less than 100 cubic yards, an exception to the permit requirements may be granted by the borough engineer. To apply for this exception, an application must be filed with the Engineering Department. (You may refer to Chapter XXVI in our Borough Code)

Driveway, Curb & Sidewalk Permits

A driveway permit is required to widen, extend or construct a new driveway. Repaving of a driveway if you are maintaining the existing location and dimensions, does not require a permit.

A sidewalk permit is required to replace (concrete) or repave (asphalt) a borough sidewalk.

A burb permit is required to install, or replace, curb within the borough's right-of-way.