The senior center, located in Finch Park, has many activities planned on a regular schedule. There are trips, luncheons and special events as well. If you are an older adult age 60 plus, you may join the senior center and take part in these activities.
How to Sign Up
Simply fill out a registration card at the center or Borough Hall, and if you don't already receive the monthly calendar, there are 3 ways:
- You may contact the Senior Center @ 201-825-1975 option #4 and ask that your name be put on the mailing list.
- If you are computer savvy, you can help the environment by opting out of having the monthly calendar mailed to you. Simply email the Ramsey Senior Center and we will put you on the email list to have a PDF version of the calendar sent to your inbox each month. You can then view it or print it out on legal size paper.
- The 3rd and other "green" option is to view the on this web page.
Monthly Calendar Details
The monthly calendar has sign up dates for classes, trips and luncheons and the activity schedule for the month. Flyers on current trips and special events are on the website below and posted at the Senior Center and on the borough bulletin board.
SENIOR CENTER NEWSLETTERS:
Regularly scheduled activities include those pertaining to health and fitness, artistic creativity, sociability, community service, recreation and entertainment, and games of skill and chance.
Health & Fitness Activities
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise on Mondays and Fridays
- Exercise on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Hatha Yoga on Mondays
- Healthy Bones on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Integral Yoga on Fridays
- Tai Chi and Beginner Tai Chi on Thursdays
- Walking Group every day
Artistic Creative Activities
- Art on Wednesdays
- Knitting on Mondays (which is for community service)
- Woodcarving on Wednesdays
- Bridge on Wednesdays
- Chess on Tuesdays
- Fast Track Bingo on Mondays
- Horseshoes Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Men's Bocce Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Pickleball on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Ping Pong on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Pool on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Scrabble on Wednesdays
- Shuffleboard on Wednesdays
Special trips to Broadway shows, dinner theaters, museums, historic sites and other places of interest are planned throughout the year and will be posted on flyers, on the website and in the calendar.
Officers & Trustees Roger Knauss Filly Darmiento
Doug Rennie Joanne Bockhorn
Al Crescenzo Doris Stellingwerf
Beverly Walsh Joel Katz
Jon SooHoo Snow Chu
Councilwoman Jane Woods