New Jersey Statutes define the Municipal Clerk's responsibilities as:
- Administrative and Licensing Officer
- Custodian of Records
- Election Administrator and Registrar of Voters
- Secretary to the Governing Body
- Secretary to the Municipal Corporation
The following application are available during regular business hours:
- Resident Parking Permits are issued to Ramsey Residents only. You must show proof of residency.
- Social Affairs Permit for use by non-profit organizations to serve alcoholic beverages at an event open to the public are available but require state approval and fees to be paid to the State of New Jersey.
- Raffle Applications for us by non-profit organizations that are registered with the State of New Jersey, Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. These forms must be approved by the mayor and council and the State of New Jersey before a license is issued for an event. Fees vary according to the type of raffle.
- Passport Applications for first time or renewal are available in the Borough Clerk's Office. The forms must be processed and issued from the County Clerk:
One Bergen County Plaza
Hackensack, NJ 07601